I been speaking for weeks now about how great Nutty Gritties almonds are and just how nutritious they are as a snack, but this week I thought I’d put my money where my mouth is. Literally!
Here’s the thing, being heavily pregnant in my 8th month, I’m always hungry, and as comical as it may sound, it really isn’t. I’m practically always feeling guilty about nibbling on unhealthy snacks and unnecessarily subjecting my unborn child to my vices as well. It had to end, the guilt and the binge.
So I decided to adhere to eating nuts at 4PM! And bought the 21gms pack of the Barbeque almonds (10 for Rs 500/-). I have to say; even at the cost of sounding like an infomercial, it really works! It took away my craving for salt immediately and it left me feeling full. What’s more is that I actually feel happy about eating heathy for my little one and myself!
Try it out for yourselves, and write in to us telling us about your experience!
Okay now for my favorite part, recipe of the week.
Cottage Cheese and Almond Fritters
- 200gms of paneer
- ½ a cup of carrots
- 20gms of barbecue almonds
- 1 large potato, boiled and grated
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- ½ a cup of Breadcrumbs
- salt to taste
What you need to do:
- Tie the paneer in a muslin cloth and hang it; like you would with curd. Make sure there is no excess water in it.
- Chop the carrots into tiny cubes and sauté them with the garam masala and salt.
- Crush the almonds using a rolling pin.
- In a bowl, mix the grated potato, carrots (once cooled), paneer, and the almonds and refrigerate the mixture, for 30 mins.
- Once the mixture can hold its shape, make small cutlets out of it and roll them in bread crumbs.
Heat a non stick frying pan and fry the cutlets in a spoon of oil, till they’re brown and crispy on the outside.
Relish the deliciousness, fresh and hot with homemade chutneys!
- Written by Nandini Seth Manchanda