BOOST YOUR IMMUNITY WITH THESE SIMPLE DAILY HABITS
Even the darkest of clouds have a silver lining yes, even the ominous, thunderous one that we all know of as COVID 19! Since the spread of the pandemic, data has shown online searches of increasing awareness and boosting immunity naturally has increased exponentially; with the subject constantly found in the top 5 “How to” search engine list!
There’s a universe of advice out there and everything from the latest trending superfood to a breakthrough “mindfulness” practice makes it to the never-ending list! So, we decided to cut through the clutter and share what we feel is the simplest to do and most effective to experience. Follow this and global pandemic or not, ain’t no viruses coming your way with your newfound super boosted immunity!
1. From the archives of famed Wellness Guru Luke Coutinho, this immunity-boosting concoction is a game changer! Include it every day to give your body that much-needed source of nutrition and healing, and to strengthen the lungs.
Boil 2 litres of water and add the following:
4 garlic cloves, crushed crushed
1 inch ginger
1 inch cinnamon stick
Few tulsi leaves
1tbsp methi seeds
Once boiled and mixed, simmer for a while, squeeze a lemon and sip 250 mL twice a day, storing the rest.
2. You don’t need to go all out with the latest trend in wellness and stock up on expensive ingredients. Sometimes, just some high-quality choice herbs and spices is all it takes! Include these immunity-boosting superfoods in your daily cooking, in whichever form that works best for you, for a well-rounded and balanced approach to building immunity.
Spices: ginger, garlic, turmeric, black pepper, cumin, fenugreek, fennel
Herbs: oregano, tulsi, lemongrass, rosemary
3. Simple movement through the course of the day is a must! Yes, movement and activity levels are severely restricted with a lack of going out to work, gyms and so on. And yes, you are doing your morning workout session before parking yourself for the next 8 to 9 hours at your work-from-home station. But, that’s not enough. Make it a point to work for 15 minutes for every one hour of sitting, and incorporate basic stretches such as backbends and toe touches. Circulation of the system is incredibly vital, and regular movement boosts that tremendously!
4. Harness the power of the Sun! Immunity is directly proportionate to Vitamin D3 levels, and natural sunlight is the best source of this Vitamin. Spend a minimum of 15 minutes in the Sun, each day.
5. Manage stress with music, meditation and breathwork. We get it, there’s plenty to be worried about under current circumstances, but its incredibly vital to stay optimistic, grateful and as stress-free as possible! So whether its work from home that’s got you overwhelmed or the lack of mobility and travel, ensure you keep it under check, because chronic stress inhibits the immune response