Its sibling season in India, that’s right… Rakhi is just around the corner! And whilst the darling sisters go on a shopping spree, in a scurry to get their brothers the perfect gift… the brother who are (generically speaking, of course) lazy, give their sisters a cash envelope and don’t concern themselves with the need to go search for the ideal gifts for their sisters.
So we here at Nutty Gritties decided to make your lives a whole lot easier and healthier! Here’s introducing our very special Rakhi gift hampers:
I. The Nutty Gritties Rakhi Celebration Box-
- Barbeque Almonds
- Dry Fruit Blend (Walnuts, Jumbo California almonds, Dried Cranberries and Figs)
- Thai Chili Blend (Almonds, Peanuts and Cashews)
- Southern Pepper Cashew Nuts
II. TheNutty Gritties Rakhi Happiness Box
- Barbeque Almonds
- Thai Chili Blend
- Southern Pepper Cashews
Now you ask, what makes them the ideal gifts for Rakhi this season? Well, its basically the gift of good health, deliciously prepared using exotic seasoning and quality dry fruits. There’s something for all palettes in these hampers and what’s more is that this is something that your siblings will genuinely relish! As a sweet little incentive, these special gift packs also include a free Rakhi.
Where nuts are synonymous with health, Nutty Gritties nuts also guarantee a delectable mouthful every time, curing you of your odd hour cravings and random hunger pangs. (search #NutsAt4PM) You could pair the favors up with delicious mocktails and meals; for example, the Nutty Gritties award winning Thai chili blend, pairs beautifully with a Key lime (and rum; but that’s optional!) mojito, and the Southern Pepper Cashews is a delicious addition to any grills, be it a simple cottage cheese steak or even a decadent tandoori chicken!
This Rakhi, how about we mix things up a bit… Why don’t the brother’s make a special treat for their sisters? Don’t worry, we’ve chosen a really tasty and super simple recipe for you!
Here’s what you need to make an Apple Almond Salad:
- 1 Iceberg Lettuce, washed and roughly chopped up
- 1 cup of NG barbeque almonds; slivered
- 1 cup of julienned capsicums (red, yellow and green)
- 1 green apple
- 3 slices of white/ brown bread
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons of low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- a pinch of salt, sugar and pepper; each
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seed powder
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
1) Cut the bread into tiny cubes and toast them in a preheated oven, at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes; to make crispy croutons. (if you’re in the mood for indulgence, you could fry the bread as well)
2) In a bowl mix the ingredients for the dressing. Add salt and pepper in accordance with taste, once the dressing is ready.
3) Ina separate bowl mix the lettuce, apple, capsicums, almonds.
4) Just as you get ready to serve; mix the salad, dressing and the croutons together and relish a crispy healthy treat!
Blog written by Nandini Seth Manchanda